Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Don't piss it away

That's right. The pic below is a cup of urine. Piss. Or as we call it in Hawaii, shishi.

Don't get pissy, though. News is out from Australia that the world's phosphorus supply may be completely out in 50 years. Urine, it turns out, is a chock full of this stuff. Why is phosphorus an issue? It is a main ingredient in the world's fertilizer supply.

So, while this installment of Holy Crap! isn't a success story, I can't help but wonder who will capitalize on this industry-in-the-making. Hey, maybe if I get started in a minute, the next behemoth in a phosphorus market will emerge. After all, I wouldn't want to piss away a magnificent opportunity.

I'll call my company Liquid Gold. IPO due out in 2010. Ticker: PEEE.

I'll need a little time to figure out how to extract phosphorus from the icky stuff. According to the story, I'll produce 132 gallons of pee every year. That won't be enough. Jeez, I'm gonna need some help. How is this going to work?

Will it be like selling plasma? Will I have to pay people for their pee? Does this mean people will load up on Coca Cola and Mountain Dew (and Bud Light) before walking into my Phosphorus Extraction Facility to wizz it all into my Big Gulp-sized cups? Looks like some research is in store.

No comments: