Friday, August 3, 2007

Fluff vs. Execution

I'm all for great products that came from great ideas from regular folks. That's why I enjoy watching The Big Idea hosted by Donny Deutsch.

I don't really care for the generic, loud mantra that spouts out of some of his guest hosts, but that's what the remote control volume button is for. In all, I like the show a lot, especially when the business owners are humble and confident, not obnovious and repetitive. I don't watch the show to hear someone's lecture. I just like to hear about the execution of the process and the fun people had along the way.

Then there are sites that show up that proclaim how important it is to develop your idea, yet won't go any futher. PowerHomeBiz.com is one. It's not a bad site. There are certainly pointers along the way about marketing and using the internet. But everything they try to say could be done in a few paragraphs instead of millions of words.

Just my take. As I learn more about people and how they went from Point A to Point Z for success, I'll post the info here.

No comments: